Wanted: Cyber security chief for the GDShttps://securityitsummit.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/business-2584713_960_720.jpg 960 640 Stuart O'Brien Stuart O'Brien https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/9defd7b64b55280442ad2d7fb546a9db?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Fancy heading up an international security operation? Well, now could be your chance…
The Government Digital Service (GDS) is on the hunt for a new cyber security chief following the departure of Michael Brunton-Spall late last year.
The role will see the successful candidate heading up the GDS, working for the deputy director of technology and operations, earning £70,000 per annum.
The job role states that: “The team needs to stay on top of changes to security good practice and industry wide trends and ensure that teams can easily and securely use the best products. The team also acts as an independent source of assurance and advice for other delivery teams and should help facilitate security investigations, red teams, and to act as an audit for teams internal security operations.”
Qualifications and experience include having a background in managing software development and a good knowledge of cyber security principles.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Leadership skills, with demonstrated experience of taking ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of complex projects or teams
- Proven experience in the full lifecycle delivery of digital products or services, ideally within a large government or multi supplier organisation
- Experience of being a leader of change projects or programmes with a focus on improved security and risk mitigation
- A good understanding and awareness of new digital and emerging technologies, contemporary technological service design, delivery, and secure development practices
- Experience working with technical experts and product development teams, to specify and assure secure design solutions and technical approach for products or services developed in cross functional teams
Closing date for applications is 14th January, with interviews commencing 22nd January.